Friday 1 January 1960, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Seibert and Shinya Tsukamoto.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Why by Frankie Avalon.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Dear And Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Secret Garden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1960 ?
- Michael Seibert: American figure skater who earned many medals from 1978 with partner Judy Blumberg.
- Shinya Tsukamoto
- Michael David Morrison: Actor (Caleb Snyder-As the World Turns).
- Leilani Kai: American wrestler.
- Jeff Taylor: American athlete, whose short-lived pro basketball career began in 1982.
- Val Kilmer: Actor.
- Hakan Karahan: Turkish author poet and songwriter.
- Toomas Vitsut: Estonian businessman and politician.
- Danny Wilson: English footballer and manager.
- Rayo de Jalisco: Jr.
- Michael Lynton: Businessman.
- Margaret Sullavan: American actress who reached the peak of her acclaim in the 1943 stage production, "Voice of the Turtle.
- US census at 179,245,000
- The Republic of Cameroon achieves independence from France and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Montserrat adopts constitution.
- Johnny Cash plays his first free concert for inmates, at a show at San Quentin Prison in California.
- Bank of France issues new franc, worth 20 cents.
- Cameroon gains its independence from French-administered U.N. trusteeship.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1960?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
- Smokie - Part 2 - Bill Black's Combo
- Sammy Turner - Always
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- Bobby Bland - I'll Take Care Of You
- <P6>(If You Cry) <P255>True Love, True Love - The Drifters
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?