Wednesday 13 January 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Takis Lemonis and Eric Betzig.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Groucho And Me by Groucho Marx was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of the Terrible Ten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1960 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Takis Lemonis: Greek footballer and coach.
- Eric Betzig: American physicist and chemist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Matthew Bourne: English choreographer and director.
- Sibilla Aleramo [Rina Faccio]: Ital Poet (Una Donna), dies at 83.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?