Friday 31 July 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh McDowell and Ted Baillieu.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
From Here to Eternity, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1953 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Hugh McDowell: celloist (ELO - "Telephone Line").
- Ted Baillieu: Australian architect and politician 46th Premier of Victoria.
- Jimmy Cook: South African cricketer and coach.
- Tōru Furuya: Japanese voice actor.
- James Read: American actor.
- Department of Health, Education & Welfare created
- Robert Taft (Senator-Republican-Ohio) (Mr Republican), dies in New York at age 63.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?