Monday July 13, 1953
US date format: 7/13/1953, UK date format: 13/7/1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 13, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Larry Gomes and Gil Birmingham.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Quand tu liras cette lettre, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Kiss Me Again, Stranger by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 13, 1953?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 13, 1953?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - I Believe
- Frank Chacksfield - Terry's Theme (From 'Limelight')
- Mantovani - The Song From The Moulin Rouge
- Eddie Fisher With Sally Sweetland - I'm Walking Behind You
- Muriel Smith - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 13If July 13, 1953 is your birthday you're 67 years, 30 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 1 day.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free