Friday 10 July 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rik "The Rocket" Emmett and Nancy Frangione.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Medallion Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1953 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Rik "The Rocket" Emmett: Toronto, Ontario -- Rock vocalist (Triumph).
- Nancy Frangione: American actress in films and TV in the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s, playing in such genres as comedy, drama, science fiction, docudrama, crime and police shows.
- Édouard Guillard: French Navy officer and admiral.
- Billy Haynes: American professional wrestler.
- Françoise Meyers-Bettencourt: French heiress and author of Bible commentaries and works on Jewish-Christian relations.
- Rik Emmett: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Triumph and Strung-Out Troubadours)
- Zoogz Rift: American guitarist and composer (d. 2011)
- Sidney Homer: Composer, dies at 88.
- 82nd British Golf Open: Ben Hogan shoots a 282 at Carnoustie Dai Rees
- Pravda reports arrest of Beria [affiliate of imperialist]
- The Soviet official newspaper ''Pravda'' announces that Lavrenti Beria has been deposed as head of the NKVD.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 July 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! - Pee Wee Hunt Orch
- Rusty Draper - Gambler's Guitar
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?