Thursday 16 July 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philece Sampler and Douglas J Feith.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1953 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Philece Sampler: San Angelo, Texas -- Actress (Donna Love-Another World).
- Douglas J Feith: American Under Secretary of Defense for Policy.
- Anne Mroczkowski: Canadian TV reporter and news anchor.
- Douglas Feith: American lawyer and politician Under Secretary of Defense for Policy.
- KROC (now KTTC) TV channel 10 in Rochester, MN (NBC) 1st broadcast
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 July 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?