Wednesday 22 July 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Vandereycken and Paul Quarrington.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Master of Ballantrae, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Steamboat Gothic by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 July 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1953 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- René Vandereycken
- Jimmy Bruno: American jazz guitarist.
- Paul Quarrington: Canadian playwright and educator (d. 2010).
- Sylvia Chang: Taiwanese actress singer director and screenwriter.
- Brian Howe: English singer-songwriter (Bad Company).
- Cy Kendall: Actor (Mysteries of Chinatown), dies at 55.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?