Wednesday 13 November 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Haanappel and Justine "Baby" Washington.
Fantasia, directed by Leopold Stokowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Joan Haanappel: Figure skater / sports reporter.
- Justine "Baby" Washington: US singer (Only Those in Love).
- Daniel Pilon: Canadian actor.
- Jean Audouze: French astrophysicist, who is a research director at CNRS and teaches at the Paris Institute of Political Science "Sciences Po".
- Saul Kripke: American author, philosopher and educator, a professor at Rockefeller University and Princeton.
- RKO Radio Pictures world premieres Disney's third animated feature film, Fantasia, at New York's Broadway Theater. The film introduces stereophonic sound to motion pictures via a special sound system called Fantasound. This is Mickey Mouse' feature film debut, in the segment The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?