Wednesday 13 November 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 13, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Saul Kripke and Tabu Ley Rochereau.
Little Nellie Kelly, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Saul Kripke: American author, philosopher and educator, a professor at Rockefeller University and Princeton.
- Tabu Ley Rochereau
- Yves Agid
- Jean Audouze: French astrophysicist, who is a research director at CNRS and teaches at the Paris Institute of Political Science "Sciences Po".
- Joan Haanappel: Figure skater / sports reporter.
- William Taubman: American political scientist and author.
- Giancarlo Desisti
- Justine "Baby" Washington: US singer (Only Those in Love).
- Daniel Pilon: Canadian actor.
- RKO Radio Pictures world premieres Disney's third animated feature film, Fantasia, at New York's Broadway Theater. The film introduces stereophonic sound to motion pictures via a special sound system called Fantasound. This is Mickey Mouse' feature film debut, in the segment The Sorcerer's Apprentice.