Thursday August 05, 2010
US date format: 8/5/2010, UK date format: 5/8/2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see zodiac on August 5, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Boy Wonder, directed by Michael Morrissey, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2010
while Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain was one of the best selling book.
On TV people were watching Grandma's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clones or Black Rock Shooter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 05, 2010?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- See more
- Elena Kagan is approved by the US Senate for a post on the US Supreme Court, by a vote of 63-37.
- 2010 Copiapo mining accident occurs, trapping 33 Chilean miners approximately 2,300 ft below the ground.
- South Korea begins a huge anti-submarine exercise in the Yellow Sea, near the disputed maritime border, in what it sees as a show of strength against North Korea and "to be fully prepared for combat"; North Korea disapproves of the exercise. (BBC) (The Jakarta Post) (Reuters) (The Sydney Morning Herald) (The Times of India)
- At least 25 or 32 Afghans, including civilians, are killed by NATO airstrikes in Nangarhar Province, many bombed by NATO planes while attending the funeral of a flood victim; relatives are displeased. (BBC) (France24) (The New York Times)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 05, 2010?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Usher - There Goes My Baby
- Drake - Find Your Love
- Ciara Featuring Ludacris - Ride
- Usher Featuring will.i.am - OMG
Top #5 Rock songs
- Shinedown - The Crow & The Butterfly
- The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome - Lay Me Down
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Disturbed - Another Way To Die
- Three Days Grace - The Good Life
Top #5 Latin songs
- Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra - Cuando Me Enamoro
- Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga - Dime Que Me Quieres
- La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga - Al Menos
- Intocable - No Puedo Volver
- Juanes - Yerbatero
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Asian Shares Fall on Signs of Fitful U.S. Recovery Most Asian stock markets rose Thursday as economic data relieved worries about a second recession in the world’s biggest economy but gains were modest ahead of a closely watched U.S. jobs report. [..]
- Britain Confirms Unauthorized Sale of Meat From Animal Bred From a Clone Meat from the offspring of a cloned cow in the United States entered the British food chain without official authorization, according to the Food Standards Agency in Britain. [..]
- See all financial news of August 5th, 2010
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $62.28
- Apple AAPL: opens at $261.73
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.49
- General Electric GE: opens at $16.35
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $130.73
- 1 USD = 85.84 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0169 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0462 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.7715 CNY
- 1 EUR = 113.17 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 05, 2010?
On August 05, 2010 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is August 05, 2010?
On August 05, 2010 the zodiac sign was Leo.
Who was the US President on August 05, 2010?
On August 05, 2010 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 05, 2010?
On August 05, 2010 the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on August 05, 2010?
On August 05, 2010 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.