Thursday 5 August 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Boy Wonder, directed by Michael Morrissey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grandma's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Backbreaker or Michael Jackson: The Experience.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 5 August 2010 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 August
- Elena Kagan is approved by the US Senate for a post on the US Supreme Court, by a vote of 63-37.
- 2010 Copiapo mining accident occurs, trapping 33 Chilean miners approximately 2,300 ft below the ground.
- South Korea begins a huge anti-submarine exercise in the Yellow Sea, near the disputed maritime border, in what it sees as a show of strength against North Korea and ampquotto be fully prepared for combatampquot North Korea disapproves of the exercise. (''The Times of India'')
- At least 25 or 32 Afghans, including civilians, are killed by NATO airstrikes in Nangarhar Province, many bombed by NATO planes while attending the funeral of a flood victim relatives are displeased. (''The New York Times'')
- At least 17 more people are killed during a third day of violence in Karachi, with police given orders to shoot on sight as buildings burn. Current death toll: At least 80. (BBC)
- Troops in Bishkek fire shots as protesters travel to support Urmat Baryktabasov, an opposition politician who arrived back in Kyrgyzstan from overseas. (UPI)
- Tear gas is fired and 27 people, including Baryktabasov, are arrested. (''China Daily'')
- Somali pirates seized a Syrian freighter flagged in Saint Vincent and Grenadines carrying sugar with 24 crew (22 Syrian and 2 Egyptian) in the Gulf of Aden. (AFP)
- Israel releases the MV ''Mavi Marmara'', the aid ship which it impounded after killing nine activists during May's Gaza flotilla raid. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A Salvador Dalí exhibition in Atlanta, United States, is to feature items from Canada, Japan and Scotland. (''The Christian Science Monitor'')
- A piano which Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is thought to have played is discovered in Baden-Baden, Baden-Württemberg. (''The Age'')
- A world-class example of a 17th-century ship's pass - dating from 1687 and signed by King James II and Samuel Pepys - is presented to the National Library of Ireland. (RTÉ)
- Russian pianist, conductor and composer Mikhail Pletnev cancels some appearances while he deals with accusations that he raped a 14-year-old boy in Thailand. (BBC)
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) sacks Ndi Okereke-Onyuike, the director-general of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and suspends its chairman, Aliko Dangote. (BBC)
- Taiwan and Singapore agree to hold talks on a free trade deal. (BBC)
- Pham Thanh Binh, the former boss of Vinashin, one of Vietnam's largest state-owned companies, is arrested on suspicion of nearly bankrupting the company. (BBC)
- The United Nations states more than four million people are now affected by the most severe flooding in Pakistan's history, while the death toll rises to at least 1,600. (BBC)
- A Russian military garrison near Naro-Fominsk outside Moscow moves its artillery rockets to a safer location as the wildfires get nearer. (AP via Google News)
- 18 children die after their boat capsizes on the Tanzanian side of Lake Victoria. (News Limited)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Most Asian stock markets rose Thursday as economic data relieved worries about a second recession in the world’s biggest economy but gains were modest ahead of a closely watched U.S. jobs report. [..]
Meat from the offspring of a cloned cow in the United States entered the British food chain without official authorization, according to the Food Standards Agency in Britain. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.06
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.49
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.38
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.69
- 1 CHF = 6.4703 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6595 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0283 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.197 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?