Monday June 5, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 5, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ellary Porterfield and Ed Davis (basketball).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Licence to Kill, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while About Face by David H. Hackworth and Julie Sherman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caliber .50 or Break In.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1989 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Ellary Porterfield: American actress.
- Ed Davis (basketball)
- Tom Villa
- Megumi Nakajima: Filipina-Japanese voice actress & singer.
- 23rd Music City News Country Awards: R Van Shelton and Randy Travis
- Billy Smith, last original New York Islander, retires
- Paul McCartney releases Flowers in the Dirt
- Toronto Blue Jays Skydome stadium opens, Mil Brewers win 5-3
- The Unknown Rebel halts the progress of a column of advancing tanks for over half an hour after the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Synch - Where Are You Now?
Top #10 R&B songs
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Atlantic Starr - My First Love
- Mr. D.J. - Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
- Slick Rick - Children's Story
- Tony Toni Tone - For The Love Of You
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Lost Without You
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?