Thursday 6 April 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christiane Lecocq and Phyllis Margaret.
Coco, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1911 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Christiane Lecocq
- Phyllis Margaret: Duncan Tate composer.
- Verel Waller: American homicide; shot and killed his dad after his dad refused to give him $250 for treatment of the problems he had, which he thought to be sexual.
- Feodor Lynen: German biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1979).
- During the Battle of Deciq, Dede Gjon Luli Dedvukaj, leader of the Malesori Albanians, raises the Albanian flag in the town of Tuzi, Montenegro, for the first time after Gjergj Kastrioti (Skenderbeg).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love the Name of Mary - Will Oakland
- Grizzly Bear - Arthur Collins
- Cheer Up, My Honey - Ada Jones & Billy Murray