Monday 6 August 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cecil Green .
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while The Reign of Law by James Lane Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1900 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Cecil Green: English-American geophysicist and businessman co-founded Texas Instruments (d. 2003).
- Wilhelm Liebknecht: German journalist and politician (d. 1900).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Tiger Lily - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?