Monday August 06, 1900
US date format: 8/6/1900, UK date format: 6/8/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 6, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cecil Green .
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 06, 1900?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- See more
- Cecil Green: English-American geophysicist and...
- Wilhelm Liebknecht: German journalist and politician (d....