Friday 3 August 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arnoldus J N M Struycken and John T Scopes.
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Janice Meredith by Paul Leicester Ford was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1900 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Arnoldus J N M Struycken: Dutch lawyer.
- John T Scopes: American teacher and evolutionist (d. 1970).
- John T: Scopes Tennessee teacher convicted for teaching evolution.
- Carlos Enriquez: Cuban painter, illustrator and writer of the Vanguardia movement (the Cuban Avant-garde).
- Ernie Pyle: American writer, journalist and syndicated columnist who won the Pulitzer Prize in 1943 and was killed in Okinawa during World War II.
- John Scopes: American educator (d. 1970)
- The Firestone Tire & Rubber Company is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Little Brown Jug - Steve Porter
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?