Tuesday 6 August 1940US date format: 8/6/1940, UK date format: 6/8/1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pia Schutzmann and Louise Sorel in Los Angeles.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1940 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Louise Sorel in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (BS I Love You,...
- Pia Schutzmann: Danish painter, printmaker and sculptor.
- Mukhu Aliyev: Russian philologist and politician 2nd...
- Egil Kapstad: Norwegian pianist and composer.
- Louise Sorel: American actress.
- Estonia is annexed into Soviet empire