Tuesday 6 August 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Cadilhac and Jacqueline Laurent.
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1918 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean Cadilhac: France Military man.
- Jacqueline Laurent: France Actor.
- Norman Granz: American jazz impresario and recording industry executive (Born 1918).
- Ferdinand Foch becomes marshal of France
- In WWI 2nd battle of the Marne ends
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?