Tuesday 6 August 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Cadilhac and Jacqueline Laurent.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1918 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean Cadilhac: France Military man.
- Jacqueline Laurent: France Actor.
- Norman Granz: American jazz impresario and recording industry executive (Born 1918).
- Ferdinand Foch becomes marshal of France
- In WWI 2nd battle of the Marne ends
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Smiles - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- If He Can Fight Like He Can Love (Good Night, Germany) - Farber Sisters
- Al Jolson - Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody