Sunday 6 August 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Grimaldi and Inday Badiday.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1944 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- André Grimaldi: French endocrinologist who is Director of the Diabetology Department at the Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital in Paris, France.
- Inday Badiday: Filipina journalist and television personality (d. 2003).
- Michael Mingos: English chemist and academic.
- Martin Wharton: English bishop.
- All 1,200 Jewish death marchers from Lipcani Moldavia have died
- Anti-German attack at Avranches fails
- US 20th Army corp under general Walker occupies Nantes
- Deportation of 70,000 Jews from Lodz, Poland to Auschwitz begins.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Time Waits For No One - Helen Forrest
- It Had To Be You - Betty Hutton
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?