Monday 6 August 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stepfanie Kramer and Antoine Audouard.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
These Wilder Years, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Walk On The Wild Side by Nelson Algren was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1956 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Stepfanie Kramer: Los Angeles, California -- Actress (Claudia-We Got it Made, Hunter).
- Antoine Audouard
- Anthea Butler: Educator.
- Vinnie Vincent: heavy metal rocker (Solo - "Ashes to Ashes").
- Stephanie Kramer in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Claudia - We Got it Made, Hunter).
- Bill Emmott: English journalist and author.
- After going bankrupt in 1955, the American broadcaster DuMont Television Network makes its final broadcast, a boxing match from St. Nicholas Arena in New York in the Boxing from St. Nicholas Arena series.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?