Wednesday 29 August 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Burning Earth or Bob the Builder: Festival of Fun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 29 August 2007 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 August
- 2007 United States Air Force nuclear weapons incident: six US cruise missiles armed with nuclear warheads are flown without proper authorization from Minot Air Force Base to Barksdale Air Force Base.
- Baiji, a river dolphin recently declared functional extinct, is witnessed in Anhui, China. (New York Times)
- Former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is all set to return back to Pakistan after seven years of exile.
- The Wyoming Republican Party votes to move its nominating convention to January 5, 2008, making it the first event in the nation for the Republicans in the United States presidential election, 2008. (MSNBC)
- The Red Cross reports that at least 17,000 are still missing from the former Yugoslavia, including 13,400 from the Bosnian wars, 2,300 from the Croatian conflict and 2,047 from the Kosovo conflict. (AFP via NYT)
- Moqtada al-Sadr suspends the activities of his Mehdi Army militia in Iraq for six months. (BBC)
- Senator Tim Johnson announces that he will return to the United States Senate on September 5 after recovering from brain surgery since last December. (Reuters)
- The United States Department of Defense's inspector general launches an investigation into the United States military's inability to account for weapons sent to Iraq after reports that Kurdish militants were using US weapons to attack Turkey. (Reuters)
- Thousands of people protest in Chile against the economic policies of the President Michelle Bachelet with 350 arrests made when they attempt to enter the grounds of the presidential palace. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- A California produce company recalls bagged fresh spinach after it tests positive to salmonella. (CNN)
- The Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) and the Sudan Liberation Army (SLA) claim to have captured a Sudanese army base in the Kordofan province of Sudan. (Reuters via ABC)
- A NASA internal investigation finds no evidence of heavy drinking or drunkenness amongst astronauts prior to missions. (NYT)
- The United States Senate Republican Party leadership requests that Senator Larry Craig of Idaho stand aside from his Senate committees until the United States Senate Select Committee on Ethics makes a ruling on his situation. Senator Craig agrees. (WSJ)
- John Holmes, the United Nations' emergency relief coordinator, warns that refugees of the Darfur conflict are arming themselves and may soon be able to defend themselves if the Sudanese government renews its attacks. (BBC)
- Three Palestinian children are killed in an explosion between Beit Lahiya and the Jabalya refugee camp in the Gaza Strip caused by Israeli tank fire. The Israeli Defence Forces later claim they were aiming for rocket launchers in the area directed towards Israel, but eyewitnesses and medical sources said that there were no gunmen or rocket launchers at the scene. (YNet)
- A 15-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the murder of British schoolboy Rhys Jones. (Sky News)
- Ten people are trapped alive in a collapsed apartment building in Baku, Azerbaijan with at least eight people having died. (Reuters via News Limited)
- The Taliban release twelve South Korean hostages of the 19 they have been holding. (BBC)
- A curfew is imposed in the Indian city of Agra after angry mobs clash with police resulting in one death and 50 police are injured. (BBC)
- Prison officers in the United Kingdom call a surprise 24-hour strike. (Daily Telegraph)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 August 2007
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Rennes : 0 - 2
- Le Mans - Paris SG : 0 - 2
- Lille - Monaco : 0 - 1
- Marseille - Nice : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Soulja Boy Tell'em - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Y Si Te Digo - Fanny Lu
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - De Ti Exclusivo
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?