Tuesday 7 August 2007US date format: 8/7/2007, UK date format: 7/8/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 7, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Elite Squad, directed by José Padilha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Einstein: His Life and Universe by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Call of Duty: Roads to Victory or Castlevania: Order of Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 7 August 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 August
- Hal Fishman: Los Angeles based local news anchor.
- At AT&T Park in San Francisco, California, San Francisco Giants' player Barry Bonds surpasses Hank Aaron as the all-time home run leader with his 756th home run. During the 10-minute celebration following the historic homer, a video message is played on the scoreboard in which Aaron congratulates the left fielder for breaking the 33-year old record.
- Six new species of animal are discovered in a forest west of Lake Tanganyika in the Democratic Republic of the Congo including a horseshoe bat, a rodent, two shrews and two species of insects. (China Daily)
- Two men are arrested in Paris for stealing Pablo Picasso paintings from the apartment of his granddaughter. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Argentina signs an ampquotenergy security treatyampquot with Venezuela in Buenos Aires. (BBC)
- Seismic activity frustrates rescue efforts for six coal miners trapped underground near Huntington, Utah. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Astronomers of the Trans-Atlantic Exoplanet Survey announce the discovery of TrES-4, the largest known planet in the universe, circling the star GSC 02620-00648 in the Hercules Constellation. (BBC)
- The Taliban attacks Firebase Anaconda in Uruzgan province but is repulsed by a joint force of Afghan fighters and United States Army forces with 20 militants killed. (AP via CNN)
- Jordan opens its government schools to Iraqi refugees. (BBC)
- Juan Carlos Ramirez-Abadia, Colombian cocaine trafficker boss of the Norte del Valle Cartel is apprehended in Brazil and faces extradition to the United States. The US Government had offered a reward of US$5 million dollars. (Reuters)
- Malaysia bans hiring of foreign security guards following rape and murder of a student by a Pakistani security guard recently.
- Tests confirm a second outbreak of foot and mouth disease in Surrey, England. Inspectors think that there is a ampquotstrong probabilityampquot that the disease came from a research site at Pirbright shared by Merial, a vaccine company and the Institute for Animal Health. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom asks United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to release five residents of the UK from the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. (AP via FOX)
- Youths in East Timor attack Australian Army forces and United Nations personnel following the announcement that Xanana Gusmão would be the next Prime Minister. (News Limited)
- ''Fortune'' magazine lists Mexican businessman Carlos Slim as the richest man in the world ahead of Microsoft founder Bill Gates. (BBC)
- The Pakistan Army launches a strike on a militant base in the Degan area near Miranshah in North Waziristan. (BBC)
- A storm kills at least 17 people in Vietnam with another 12 missing. (AP via Washington Post)
- Bangladesh security officials arrest 24 suspected militants at Zia International Airport en route to Kabul, Afghanistan. (Times of India)
- Chinese police arrest six protesters calling for a free Tibet by unfurling banners on the Great Wall of China. (AP via the Guardian)
- Paul Calvert announces his resignation as President of the Australian Senate and as a Senator for Tasmania effective from next week. (AAP via Melbourne Herald Sun)
- An earthquake of 6.4 preliminary magnitude occurs off the coast of Okinawa in Japan. (Reuters)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Big Things Poppin' (Do It) - T.I.
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Olvidame Tu - Duelo
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Te Voy A Perder - Alejandro Fernandez
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Wal-Mart Stores and the Bharti Group of India have agreed to set up wholesale stores and a supply chain in India, eight months after they signed an initial agreement. Their venture will open its first wholesale store by the end of 2008, according ... [..]
There appears to be a great desire to believe that Fake Steve Jobs just might be the real one. Reaction and counterreaction to the unveiling of the Apple chief’s alter ego. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.70
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $114.30
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.84
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.35
- 1 CAD = 1.1343 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0226 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9011 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4192 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?