Friday 6 December 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Alaimo in Rochester and Fred Goldman.
Santa Fe Trail, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1940 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Steve Alaimo in Rochester: New York, USA; rocker (Mashed Potatoes).
- Fred Goldman: American father of Ronald Goldman.
- Lawrence Bergman: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Richard Edlund: American visual effects designer and cinematographer.
- Gestapo arrest German resistance fighter / poster artist Helen Ernst
- Pietro Badoglio resigns as viceroy of Ethiopia.
- British submarine is sunk near Taranto.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Five O'Clock Whistle - Ella Fitzgerald
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?