Friday 6 December 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Alaimo in Rochester and Fred Goldman.
Santa Fe Trail, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1940 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Steve Alaimo in Rochester: New York, USA; rocker (Mashed Potatoes).
- Fred Goldman: American father of Ronald Goldman.
- Lawrence Bergman: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Richard Edlund: American visual effects designer and cinematographer.
- Gestapo arrest German resistance fighter / poster artist Helen Ernst
- Pietro Badoglio resigns as viceroy of Ethiopia.
- British submarine is sunk near Taranto.