Saturday 6 December 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mic Delinx and Rolf Hoppe.
Rogue of the Rio Grande, directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1930 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Mic Delinx
- Rolf Hoppe
- André Lerond: French soccer player.
- Bobby Van [Robert King] in New York City: New York, USA; singer (Hollywood Palace).
- Daniel Lisulo: Zambian banker and politician 3rd Prime Minister of Zambia (d. 2000).
- 18th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Balmy Beach defeat Regina Roughriders, 11-6
- Pablo Neruda marries Marie A Hagenaar Vogelzang in Batavia