Tuesday 25 April 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Barbier and Jack Ruby.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1911 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Elisabeth Barbier: French writer, the author of the most popular saga after WW II, "Les gens de Mogador.
- Jack Ruby: American businessman, the owner of a striptease joint in Dallas.
- Henri Deramond: Pamiers EXecutives.
- Connie Marrero: Cuban baseball player and coach (d. 2014).
- Emilio Salgari: Italian writer of action adventure swashbucklers (Swashbuckler is a term that emerged in the 16th century and has been used for rough, noisy and boastful swordsmen ever since) and a pioneer of science fiction.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?