Monday 6 December 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
How Do You Know, directed by James L. Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Hell'S Corner by David Baldacci was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DJ Hero 2 or CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 December 2010 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 December
- Mark Dailey: Canadian television journalist and announcer (Born 1953).
- Somali pirates hijack a Bangladeshi cargo ship off the coast of India. (Capital FM Kenya)
- ''The Washington Post'' reports that an FBI informant so frightened Muslim worshippers by referring to violent jihad while spying on an Islamic community centre in Irvine, California, that they reported him to the authorities. The FBI spy, a convicted fraudster, sues the FBI. (Washington Post)
- Egypt calls in international shark experts following recent attacks, one fatal, on tourists in Sharm el-Sheikh in the past week. (''The Guardian'')
- Israeli firefighters douse the Mount Carmel forest fire which killed at least 41 people in the north of the country. (CNN)
- Officials in Haiti say more than 2,000 people have died in the cholera outbreak. (''USA Today'')
- Iran meets with six world powers in Geneva for talks concerning its nuclear program. (BBC)
- United States diplomatic cables leak:
- Newly released cables from the United States indicate former Prime Minister of Australia Kevin Rudd suggested the use of force against China if it could not be ampquotsuccessfully integratedampquot into the international community. The Australian government refuses to respond to the release. (ABC News)
- A newly released cable from Hillary Rodham Clinton accuses rich people in Saudi Arabia of being ampquotthe most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwideampquot and that ampquotit has been an ongoing challenge to persuade Saudi officials to treat terrorist financing emanating from Saudi Arabia as a strategic priorityampquot. (''The Independent'')
- Newly released cables reveal American distrust both of Qatar and the country's Al Jazeera international news network, prompting Al Jazeera to release a statement saying that it has resisted pressure from both regional and international governments and ampquothas never changed its bold editorial policies which remain guided by the principles of a free pressampquot. (''The Independent'')
- The cables also reveal that foreign envoys to China from India, Japan, the EU and some African countries complained about the country's ampquotaggressiveampquot nature and that it was ampquotlosing friends worldwideampquot. (''Indian Express'')
- A French court finds Continental Airlines criminally responsible for the crash of Air France Flight 4590 in July 2000. (France 24)
- The President of the United States Barack Obama says that a deal has been reached with the Republican Party to extend the Bush era tax cuts. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 December 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Napoli - Palermo : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Union Berlin - Bochum : 0 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- La Coruna - Hercules : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Mans - Troyes : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- The Sex Is Good - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.14
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $94.50
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $78.58
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.54
- 1 CHF = 6.7761 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6171 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9763 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.584 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?