Sunday 6 January 1918, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Buddy Weed and Caspar MB "Cas" Baas.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1918 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Buddy Weed: Ossining, New York -- Pianist (Penthouse Party).
- Caspar MB "Cas" Baas: Dutch actor / playwright / director (Ciske the Rat).
- Eugene Locke: American lawyer, businessman, politician, and diplomat, who in 1967 was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Georg F L P Cantor German mathematician collection: dies at age 72.
- Georg Cantor: German mathematician who is best known as the creator of modern set theory.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sailin' Away On the Henry Clay - Victor Military Band
- Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?