Friday 6 July 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rik Elswit and Burt Ward in Los Angeles.
The Silver Fleet, directed by Vernon Campbell Sewell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1945 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Rik Elswit: Rocker (Dr Hook & Medicine Show-In the Right Place).
- Burt Ward in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Robin - Batman).
- Rodney Matthews: English fantasy artist and illustrator.
- Andy Anderson: American athlete, played pro basketball for three seasons beginning in 1967.
- Burt Ward: TV Actor.
- President Truman signs executive order establishing Medal of Freedom
- Washingston Senator Rick Ferrell catches a record 1,722 games
- Nicaragua becomes first nation to formally accept United Nations Charter.
- US President Harry S. Truman issues an executive order establishing the Medal of Freedom.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin's Polonaise - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Sentimental Journey - Merry Macs
- Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well? - Lucky Millinder & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tain't Me - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?