Monday 6 May 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Habibe and Murray Sidlin in Baltimore.
My Favorite Wife, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 May 1940 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Henry Habibe: Arubian poet (Kerensentenchi).
- Murray Sidlin in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; conductor (National Symphony 1973-77).
- Andre-Mutien Leonard: Belgian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop known as an expert on the subject of euthanasia.
- Alexandra Burslem: Chinese-English academic.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to John Steinbeck (Grapes of Wrath)
- John Steinbeck is awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his novel The Grapes of Wrath.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?