Monday 6 May 1940US date format: 5/6/1940, UK date format: 6/5/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Habibe and Murray Sidlin in Baltimore.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1940 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Henry Habibe: Arubian poet (Kerensentenchi).
- Murray Sidlin in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; conductor (National...
- Andre-Mutien Leonard: Belgian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic...
- Alexandra Burslem: Chinese-English academic.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to John Steinbeck (Grapes of Wrath)
- John Steinbeck is awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his novel The Grapes of Wrath.