Wednesday 6 June 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 6, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Shawcross and Bernard Depierre.
Conflict, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 June 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1945 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Arthur Shawcross: American homicide, a serial killer of 13 prostitutes in upper New York.
- Bernard Depierre
- David Dukes: San Francisco, California -- Actor (Beacon Hill, 79 Park Avenue, Winds of War).
- David E Bonior: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1977- ).
- Nikolai Velikov: Russian figure skater and coach.
- Sasha Gabor: Hungarian-Norwegian porn actor (d. 2008).
- Larry Howard: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Houston Astros and Atlanta Braves between 1970 and 1973.
- Meinoud M Rost van Tonningen: Anti semite / NSB (1937-41), suicide.
- Free People premieres in Amsterdam
- King Haakon VII of Norway returns to Norway.
- William Lyon Mackenzie King is re-elected as Canadian prime minister.
- The Franck Committee recommends against a surprise nuclear bombing of Japan.ampref name=ampquotnuclearfiles1940ampquotamp
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell Bottom Trousers - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- The More I See You - Dick Haymes