Friday 6 April 1945US date format: 4/6/1945, UK date format: 6/4/1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 6, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Neal Boortz and Rodney Bickerstaffe.
Two O'Clock Courage, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1945 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Neal Boortz: American radio personality.
- Rodney Bickerstaffe: English union leader.
- Peter Hill: English journalist.
- Benjamin M Telders: president (Dutch Liberal States Party),...
- Japanese giant battleship Yamato heads to Okinawa
- Coevorden freed from Germans.
- Massive kamikaze-attack on US battle fleet near Okinawa.
- World War II: Sarajevo is liberated from German and Croatian forces by the Yugoslav Partisans.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Don't Care Who Knows It - Harry James & His Orchestra
- Betty Hutton - Stuff Like That There