Friday 6 May 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thérèse Liotard and David Cornell Leestma in Muskegon.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Crusade in Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1949
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 6 May 1949. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1949 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Thérèse Liotard
- David Cornell Leestma in Muskegon: Michigan, USA; US Navy/astronaut (STS 41-G, 28, 45).
- P Middleton: American artist, graphic designer, and teacher.
- EDSAC, the first practicable stored-program computer, runs its first program at Cambridge University.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Again - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore & Buddy Clark - Baby, It's Cold Outside