Saturday 28 May 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shelley Hamlin in San Mateo and Wendy O[rleans] Williams in Rochester.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while A Rage to Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1949 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Shelley Hamlin in San Mateo: California, USA; LPGA golfer (1978 Patty Berg Classic).
- Wendy O[rleans] Williams in Rochester: New York, USA; punk rocker (Plasmatics).
- Rex Kern: American college and pro football player.
- Susan Fitzgerald: English-Irish actress (d. 2013).
- Sue Holderness: Actress (Marlene-Only Fools & Horses, Sandbaggers).
- Wendy Williams: American singer-songwriter and actress (Plasmatics) (d. 1998)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Peggy Lee
- Some Enchanted Evening - Bing Crosby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?