Sunday 15 May 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric J Beekes and Frank L Culbertson Jr in Charleston.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Clock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1949 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Eric J Beekes: Actor / singer (Hunk).
- Frank L Culbertson Jr in Charleston: South Carolina, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS-38).
- George Adams: American athlete, played three seasons for San Diego pro basketball team, beginning in 1972.
- Hajo Banzhaf: German professional astrologer and tarot reader.
- Jean-François Hory: French politician, radical left, a lawyer by profession.
- Bruce Marshall: American astrologer. Born to a well-to-do professional family, he earned his bachelor's degree from Case Western Reserve University. Tall and good-looking, he was athletic. He enjoyed sailing and everything about it, often participating in races or making improvements to the boats or sails. Mountain biking and mountain climbing, gardening were among his passions for outdoors activities.
- Bernard Moninot: French sculptor, professor at the École nationale supérieure des beaux-arts de Paris.
- Frank Culbertson: Jr. American captain pilot and astronaut
- Robert Sparks: English geologist and academic
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 May 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Margaret Whiting & Johnny Mercer
- Jo Stafford - Some Enchanted Evening
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?