Thursday 19 October 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pride Fighting Championships.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA or Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 October 2006 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 October
- James Glennon: American cinematographer (Born 1942).
- On the 19th anniversary of the 1987 stock market crash, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 12,000 for the first time, at 12,011.73.
- U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth rules that Mohammad Munaf, a United States citizen, can be transferred to Iraqi authorities to face a death sentence over the kidnapping of three Romanian journalists in 2005 around Baghdad. (AP via New York Times)
- Tan D. Nguyen, a Republican candidate for California's 47th congressional district in Orange County, California, denies authorizing a letter warning Hispanic immigrants that they could go to jail or be deported if they vote next month, a mailing that prompted an investigation by the state government. (CBS News)
- An Uzbek military Antonov An-2 aircraft crashes near Tashkent, Uzbekistan, killing all of the 15 people onboard. The Uzbek Emergency Ministry says the pilots lost control of the plane while trying to land. (BBC)
- Scientists at Duke University have created a device out of metamaterials that makes objects harder to detect at microwave frequencies. (LiveScience)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average index closes at a record high just above 12,000 points in today's trading, as investors welcome the latest batch of corporate earnings. (The Australian)
- Jendayi Frazer, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, accuses Eritrea of arming the Islamic Courts Union in Somalia and of attacking Ethiopia. (Financial Times)
- A spokesman for New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer says that a judge has ordered former New York Stock Exchange Chairman and Chief Executive Richard Grasso to repay part of his deferred compensation pay package. (AP via Kiplinger)
- The United States has adopted a document that rejects any proposals to ban space weapons. (BBC)
- Nissan Motor Co. begins recalling over 130,000 vehicles globally including 80,000 in North America because of an ignition key defect. (ABC News)
- 2006 North Korean nuclear testing:
- former Chinese Foreign Minister Tang Jiaxuan has met North Korea's reclusive leader Kim Jong-il as tensions mount over the North's nuclear test, according to Chinese officials. (BBC)
- South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon, also the incoming United Nations Secretary-General, has warned that a second nuclear test by North Korea will bring ampquotgrave consequences.ampquot (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?