Saturday 14 October 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pride Fighting Championships.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Land Touch! or 3rd World Farmer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 14 October 2006 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 October
- College football brawl between University of Miami and Florida International University leads to suspensions of 31 players of both teams.
- Six Palestinians from the armed wing of the militant group Hamas have been killed in an Israeli incursion into the Gaza Strip, Palestinian officials say. (BBC)
- Thousands of people have been attending mass ceremonies in India at which hundreds of low-caste Hindus (Dalits) converted to Buddhism and Christianity. (BBC)
- 2006 North Korean nuclear testing
- The United Nations Security Council adopts Resolution 1718, imposing sanctions on North Korea in response to its recent nuclear test. (BBC)
- North Korea's ambassador to the United Nations, Pak Kil-yon, says Pyongyang ampquottotally rejectsampquot United Nations Security Council Resolution 1718 sanctioning his country, calling the measure ampquotgangster-likeampquot. (AP via KCBI)
- President of the United States George W. Bush says the UN Security Council has taken ampquotswift and toughampquot action and sent a clear message to North Korea about its nuclear weapons program. (San Francisco Examiner)
- A re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings takes place in Sussex, UK to mark the 940th anniversary of the event which saw William of Normandy's forces defeat the Saxon army of King Harold II, and began the Norman conquest of England. (BBC)
- Maria Borelius, Minister for Foreign Trade in the Cabinet of Fredrik Reinfeldt in Sweden, resigns after one week in office following allegations of tax evasion. (CNN)
- Chelsea FC goalkeepers Petr Čech and Carlo Cudicini both suffered serious injuries in a game against Reading FC. Cech suffered a depressed fracture of the skull after colliding with Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt. The injury kept him out of action until January 20, 2007. Cudicini suffered concussion after colliding with Reading defender Ibrahima Sonko as the ball curled in from a corner. John Terry took the position as goalkeeper for the remainder of the game.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 October 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?