Sunday 1 October 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Solomon Twins .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Fiction, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Charlotte's Web or Dawn of Mana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 October 2006 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Solomon Twins: American twins, born to Nadya Suleman who made the news when she gave birth to octuplets.
- General elections are held in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BBC)
- A BBC investigation finds that, before he became Pope, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger enforced the Catholic Church's secret policy on Crimen sollicitationis to cover up child sex abuse cases involving the clergy. (BBC)
- The Social Democratic Party of Austria has won today's election in Austria. (International Herald Tribune)
- Georgia-Russia spying dispute:
- General Elections 2006 in Brazil are taking place.
- Incumbent President of Zambia Levy Mwanawasa is in the lead in early results in the Presidential election, according to the Electoral Commission of Zambia.
- General Surayud Chulanont is appointed interim prime minister of Thailand by the ruling military regime, following the recent coup. (Channel News Asia)
- The last Israeli troops leave Lebanon in accordance with UN Resolution 1701, two months after occupying the territory. UNIFIL officials, however, claim that they still occupy the border village of Ghajar. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 October 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Cagliari - Inter : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Palermo : 0 - 1
- Fiorentina - Catania : 3 - 0
- Messina - Livorno : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Beveren - Waregem : 1 - 0
- Gent - Standard : 2 - 1
- Westerlo - Club Brugge : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hertha - Stuttgart : 2 - 2
- Leverkusen - Schalke 04 : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Freiburg : 3 - 1
- Essen - Braunschweig : 2 - 0
- Greuther Furth - Burghausen : 4 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Augsburg : 3 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?