Tuesday 17 October 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while State of Denial by Bob Woodward was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pride Fighting Championships.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood+ or Dead Rising.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 17 October 2006 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 October
- The United States population reaches 300 million based on a United States Census Bureau projection.
- Iraq War:
- The United States military in Iraq says a marine and nine soldiers have been killed in Iraq, including four in a roadside bombing near Baghdad. (BBC NEWS)
- UN Security Council election: The contest between Guatemala and Venezuela for a seat on the United Nations Security Council remains stalemated after a second day of voting. (BBC)
- The population of the United States reaches 300 million people. (CNN)
- Married couples are now in the minority of the nation. (NPR: Talk of the Nation)
- The military of Fiji issues an ultimatum to the government to drop legislation which would give an amnesty to the leaders of the 2000 coup, or resign. (SMH)
- Whaling in Iceland is to resume, in contravention of a 20-year moratorium passed by the International Whaling Commission. (BBC)
- Rapper Fabolous is shot at a Manhattan parking garage, spurring a sequence of events that left him both hospitalized in stable condition and under arrest. (San Francisco Examiner)
- Two metro trains collide in Rome, killing at least two people and injuring about 120 others. (BBC)
- It is reported that former British Home Secretary David Blunkett ordered prison staff to machine gun prisoners during a 2002 riot regardless of loss of life. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 October 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?