Monday 23 October 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Short Straw by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pride Fighting Championships.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bratz: Forever Diamondz or Air Assault Task Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 October 2006 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 October
- Lebo Mathosa: South African entertainer (Born 1977).
- Jeffrey Skilling is sentenced to 24 years and four months in US federal prison on charges of fraud and insider trading relating to the financial collapse of Enron.
- The Romanian Army officially ends the use of conscription. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- Police in Hungary fire tear gas on crowds of about 1,000 demonstrators during the 50th anniversary of the country's revolt against Soviet rule. (BBC)
- Sir Michael Somare, Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, and Ham Lini, Prime Minister of Vanuatu, condemn the police raid on the office of Solomon Islands Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare. (ABC News Australia)
- Hurricane Paul becomes a Category 2 hurricane off Mexico's Pacific coast as it heads for Baja California. (CBS News)
- Two of the three people accused of plotting to steal trade secrets from Coca-Cola have each pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy. (AP via Sharewatch)
- Authorities say an explosion at a coal mine in eastern Pennsylvania has killed one person. (AP via Fox North Carolina)
- Avigdor Liberman signs a coalitionary agreement with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to join the cabinet as Minister for Strategic Affairs, a new position. (Ynetnews)
- Though given three days to leave Sudan for blogging on recent government defeats in the Darfur conflict, UN envoy Jan Pronk left the next day when UN Secretary General Kofi Annan recalled him to New York for consultations. (BBC)
- The airing of excerpts from a controversial DVD in Australia leads to a police investigation and public condemnation. (The Age)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 October 2006
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Koblenz - Augsburg : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Tours - Bastia : 0 - 3
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Colchester : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Dunfermline - Hibernian : 0 - 4
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?