Thursday January 09, 2003
US date format: 1/9/2003, UK date format: 9/1/2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on January 9, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
Pieces of April, directed by Peter Hedges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chappelle's Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing C.A.T.: Cyber Attack Team or Blitzkrieg series.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 09, 2003?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- See more
- UN Chief Weapons Inspector Hans Blix and International Atomic Energy Agency head Mohammed El Baradei give a report to the United Nations Security Council. They say that progress on the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq is ampquotinching forwardampquot but that a more ampquotpro-activeampquot stance is required from the Iraqi government.
- Astronomers at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center obtain the most detail view yet of a black hole ampquotfeedingampquot at the centre of a quasar.
- UN Chief Weapons Inspector Hans Blix and International Atomic Energy Agency head Mohammed El Baradei give a report to the United Nations Security Council. They say that progress on the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq is "inching forward" but that a more "pro-active" stance is required from the Iraqi government.
American sports journalist (Born 1935).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 09, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
- Erykah Badu Featuring Common - Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop)
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott - Work It
- B2K & P. Diddy - Bump, Bump, Bump
- Nelly Featuring Kyjuan, Ali & Murphy Lee - Air Force Ones
- Aaliyah - Miss You
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $35.10
- Apple AAPL: opens at $14.62
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $54.72
- General Electric GE: opens at $25.75
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $84.75
- 1 USD = 119.41 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5509 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3911 CHF
- 1 EUR = 125.2 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6527 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 09, 2003?
On January 09, 2003 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is January 09, 2003?
On January 09, 2003 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on January 09, 2003?
On January 09, 2003 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 09, 2003?
On January 09, 2003 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on January 09, 2003?
On January 09, 2003 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on January 09, 2003?
Famous people died on January 09, 2003 include, Will McDonough.
What was the number one song in January 09, 2003?
The number one song in the week of January 09, 2003 was Lose Yourself by Eminem in US and Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud in UK.
What were the top hits on January 09, 2003?
The top hits on January 09, 2003 were Lose Yourself by Eminem, Work It by Missy Misdemeanor Elliott, Air Force Ones by Nelly in US and Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud, Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls in UK.