Thursday 9 January 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
Hero, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Bleachers by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Buried.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dance Dance Revolution Party Collection or Ant War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 9 January 2003 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 January
- Will McDonough: American sports journalist (Born 1935).
- UN Chief Weapons Inspector Hans Blix and International Atomic Energy Agency head Mohammed El Baradei give a report to the United Nations Security Council. They say that progress on the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq is ampquotinching forwardampquot but that a more ampquotpro-activeampquot stance is required from the Iraqi government.
- Astronomers at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center obtain the most detail view yet of a black hole ampquotfeedingampquot at the centre of a quasar.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Will Young - Leave Right Now
- Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground
- Shane Richie - I'm Your Man
- Cheeky Girls - Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum)
- Ozzy & Kelly Osbourne - Changes
- Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song (Asereje)
- The Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up
- Mad World - Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules
- Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?