Saturday 18 January 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
Bend It Like Beckham, directed by Gurinder Chadha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction or Contract J.A.C.K..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 18 January 2003 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 January
- A bushfire kills 4 people and destroys more than 500 homes in Canberra, Australia.
- A mass mobilization pulls together global protests against the Iraq war in cities around the world, including Tokyo, Moscow, Paris, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Cologne, Bonn, Göteborg, Istanbul, and Cairo. NION and ANSWER hold protests in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, California.
- In Australia, the most devastating bushfire since the Ash Wednesday fires in 1983 hits Canberra and the Australian Capital Territory. Four people are to die, 520 homes and thousands of hectares of national park will be destroyed, 259 people will be admitted to The Canberra Hospital with burns and will be paid by insurance companies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 January 2003
Serie AItalian Football
- Parma - Empoli : 2 - 0
- Reggina - Bologna : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Antwerp - Gent : 1 - 4
- Club Brugge - Louvieroise : 3 - 0
- St Truiden - Germinal : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Valencia : 2 - 4
- Sociedad - Celta : 1 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Zaragoza : 0 - 0
- Las Palmas - Numancia : 0 - 0
- Poli Ejido - Getafe : 1 - 1
- Xerez - Terrassa : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?