Thursday January 16, 2003
US date format: 1/16/2003, UK date format: 16/1/2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 16, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
The Sleeping Dictionary, directed by Guy Jenkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Forever by Pete Hamill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chappelle's Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Biz Tycoon 2 or Duel Masters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 16, 2003?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- The Space Shuttle Columbia takes off for mission STS-107 which would be its final one. Columbia disintegrated 16 days later on re-entry.
- President Bush visits the University of Scranton in downtown Scranton, Pennsylvania, to give a speech on medical liability reform amidst major medical malpractice in northeastern Pennsylvania. Bush criticized state attorneys for ampquotfrivolous lawsuitsampquot, vowing to decrease excessive jury awards and propose a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages. The president later paid a visit to Scranton's Mercy Hospital.
- US Senator Russ Feingold introduces a bill to halt the Information Awareness Office and Total Information Awareness pending a review of privacy issues involved. The US Congress attempting to suspend an internal Department of Defense project is a highly unusual step.
- UN weapons inspectors in Iraq stated that they found empty rocket warheads, designed to carry chemical warfare agents, at the Ukhaider Ammunition Storage Area.
- See more
- Richard Wainwright: English soldier and politician (d....
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 16, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Erykah Badu Featuring Common - Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop)
- B2K & P. Diddy - Bump, Bump, Bump
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott - Work It
- Nelly Featuring Kyjuan, Ali & Murphy Lee - Air Force Ones
- Aaliyah - Miss You
- Dru Hill - I Should Be...
- Jaheim Featuring Tha Rayne - Fabulous
- R. Kelly - Ignition
- Musiq - dontchange
- 2Pac - Thugz Mansion
Top #1 Latin songs
Sport Games on January 16, 2003
Division 2Football (France)
- Metz - Toulouse : 0 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 16If January 16, 2003 is your birthday you're 17 years, 8 months, 7 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 24 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $35.18
- Apple AAPL: opens at $14.21
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $56.32
- General Electric GE: opens at $25.50
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $87.40
- 1 USD = 117.78 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5333 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3743 CHF
- 1 EUR = 125.01 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6581 GBP