Saturday 25 January 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
The Recruit, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Prey by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ChoroQ or Colin McRae Rally 04.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 25 January 2003 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 January
- 2003 Invasion of Iraq: A group of people left London, England, for Baghdad, Iraq, to serve as human shields to prevent the U.S.-led coalition troops from bombing certain locations.
- The New Democratic Party in Canada picks Toronto city councillor Jack Layton as its new leader, replacing Alexa McDonough, at its convention in Toronto. Layton wins on the first ballot, beating veteran MP Bill Blaikie.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 January 2003
Serie AItalian Football
- Como - Roma : 2 - 0
- Modena - Atalanta : 0 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Beveren - Club Brugge : 2 - 7
- Gent - Mouscron : 2 - 0
- Louvieroise - Lierse : 0 - 3
- Mechelen - Anderlecht : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Nurnberg : 2 - 1
- Hannover - Hamburg : 2 - 2
- Hansa Rostock - Munich 1860 : 1 - 4
- Hertha - Dortmund : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Sociedad : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?