Sunday 7 September 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oswald Szemerenyi and Willem C L "Wim" van der Grinten.
Bianco contro negro, directed by Ubaldo Maria Del Colle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Heart of the Hills by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1913 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Oswald Szemerenyi: Philologist.
- Willem C L "Wim" van der Grinten: Dutch lawyer / undersec of Economy.
- Herry Caouissin: French publisher, writer, illustrator and filmmaker in Britain.
- Gilbert Gil: France Actor.
- Hanri Connault: Nay physician.
- Jean Molimard: St-Etienne physician
- Martin Charteris: Baron Charteris of Amisfield English soldier and courtier (d. 1999)
- Anthony Quayle: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Anne of 1000 Days, Lawrence of Arabia)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Curse of an Aching Heart - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?