Sunday 14 September 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Wicquart and Mario Zagari.
The Eleventh Commandment, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1913 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Joseph Wicquart: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop of Coutances and Avranches.
- Jacobo Arbenz: president of Guatemala (1951-54); overthrown by US Central Intelligence Agency.
- Mario Zagari: Italian journalist and socialist politician, who served in the Italian parliament and in the European parliament as well as in the Italian governments in various capacities.
- Jacobo Árbenz: Guatemalan captain and politician President of Guatemala (d. 1971).
- Annalisa Ericson: Swedish actress and singer (d. 2011).
- Rubby Sherr: American physicist and academic (d. 2013).
- 27th US Womens Tennis: Mary K Browne beats Dorothy Green (62 75)
- Cubs Larry Cheney hurls record 14-hit shutout against Giants (7-0)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Santa Lucia - Reed Miller
- Every Lover Must Meet His Fate - Reed Miller