Tuesday 16 September 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Félicien Marceau and Felicien Marceaux.
Hamlet, directed by Hay Plumb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1913 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Félicien Marceau: French novelist, playwright and essayist, originally from Belgium.
- Felicien Marceaux: Belgium Writer.
- 1000s of women demonstrate for Dutch female suffrage
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Every Lover Must Meet His Fate - Reed Miller
- Santa Lucia - Reed Miller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?