Monday 7 September 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Delauney Bill Hughes and Hugo Pfister.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1914 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Herbert Delauney Bill Hughes: Educationist.
- Hugo Pfister: Composer.
- Ian Ball: Photographer.
- Lída Baarová: Czech-Austrian actress (d. 2000).
- Graeme Bell: Australian pianist and composer (d. 2012).
- James Van Allen: US physicist (discovered Van Allen radiation belts)
- New York Post Office Building opens to public
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Has Wings - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- Happy Tho' Married - Fred Duprez
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?