Monday 7 September 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 7, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Van Allen and Hugo Pfister.
The New Janitor, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1914 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- James Van Allen: US physicist (discovered Van Allen radiation belts).
- Herbert Delauney Bill Hughes: Educationist.
- Hugo Pfister: Composer.
- Ian Ball: Photographer.
- Lída Baarová: Czech-Austrian actress (d. 2000).
- Graeme Bell: Australian pianist and composer (d. 2012).
- New York Post Office Building opens to public