Sunday 28 September 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edith Pargeter and Alice Marble.
The Farmer's Daughters, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1913 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Edith Pargeter: Author (Brother Cadfael), dies of a stroke at 82.
- Alice Marble: American tennis champion who won Wimbledon in 1938 and 1939 and the U.S.
- Edith Mary Ellis Peters Pargeter: Author.
- Vivian Fine: Chicago, Illinois -- Composer (Women in the Garden).
- Warja Honegger-Lavater: Swiss artist and illustrator (d. 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want to Do It) - William J. Halley
- That Little German Band - Al Jolson