Monday 1 September 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Dandridge and Armand Monjo.
An Old Man's Love Story, directed by Van Dyke Brooke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1913 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Ray Dandridge: Athlete.
- Armand Monjo: France Writer.
- Ludwig Merwart: Austrian painter and graphic artist (Born 1913).
- Christian Nyby: American film and television director (Born 1913).
- George Bernard Shaws Androcles & the Lion, premieres in London
- Yuan Shikai captures Nanjing 2nd Chinese revolution