Wednesday 8 April 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Lawson and Hugo Fregonese.
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1908 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Neil Lawson: British high court judge.
- Hugo Fregonese: Argentinian director and screenwriter (d. 1987).
- Lord Asquith succeeds Henry Campbell-Bannerman as British Premier
- Harvard University votes to establish the Harvard Business School.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Keep On Smiling - Haydn Quartet & Billy Murray
- Good-Bye, Sweetheart, Good-Bye - Alan Turner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?