Tuesday 28 April 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oskar Schindler and Michael T Fitzmaurice.
Long Distance Wireless Photography, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1908 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Oskar Schindler: Czech businessman who joined the Nazi party and became a double agent, managing to shuffle Jews through his factory rolls and getting them out of the country.
- Arnoud Breeveld: Suriname -- Bishop.
- Michael T Fitzmaurice: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Reported Missing, 14 Hours).
- Robert Judeaux: Rennes EXecutives.
- Ethel Catherwood: American-Canadian high jumper and javelin thrower (d. 1987).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Dream Waltz - Victor Orchestra
- Carmen - Toreador Song - Alan Turner