Sunday 5 April 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Schick and Grady Sutton.
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Barrier by Rex Beach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1908 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- George Schick: Prague, Czechoslovakia -- Conductor (Chicago Symphony).
- Grady Sutton: Chattanooga, Tennessee -- Actor (Pruitts of South Hampton).
- Herbert von Karajan in Salzberg: Austria; conductor, music director of the Berlin Philharmonic (1955-) (dies 1989).
- Bette Davis: American actress, one of the most outstanding stars of Hollywood's history.
- Mary Hemingway: American journalist, a reporter who joined Time-Life corporation in 1940 and served as a war correspondent during World War II.
- Herbert Karajan: Austrian conductor, pianist and recording artist, the controversial icon of the prestigious Berlin Philharmonic who dominated post-war music in Europe. He made some 900 recordings which have sold more than 150 million copies. Von Karajan is considered the last great conductor of our time, the "Janus" figure of modern music who bridged the 19th and 20th centuries with celebrated precision, unbelievably high standards and an ego that matched his achievement. In the late '50s and '60s, he was simul
- Ernestine Carey: American author (d. 2006)
- Jagjivan Ram: Indian politician 4th Deputy Prime Minister of India (d. 1986)
- Herbert von Karajan: Austrian conductor and manager (d. 1989)
- Gaetano Coronaro composer: dies at age 55.
- British premier Henry Campbell-Bannerman resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Keep On Smiling - Haydn Quartet & Billy Murray
- Good-Bye, Sweetheart, Good-Bye - Alan Turner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?