Sunday 5 April 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bette Davis and Herbert von Karajan.
Easy Money, directed by La La King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1908 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Bette Davis: American actress, one of the most outstanding stars of Hollywood's history.
- Herbert von Karajan: Austrian conductor and manager (d. 1989).
- Mary Welsh Hemingway
- Mary Hemingway: American journalist, a reporter who joined Time-Life corporation in 1940 and served as a war correspondent during World War II.
- Herbert Karajan: Austrian conductor, pianist and recording artist, the controversial icon of the prestigious Berlin Philharmonic who dominated post-war music in Europe.
- George Schick: Prague, Czechoslovakia -- Conductor (Chicago Symphony).
- Jagjivan Ram: Indian politician 4th Deputy Prime Minister of India (d. 1986).
- Ernestine Carey: American author (d. 2006).
- Grady Sutton: Chattanooga, Tennessee -- Actor (Pruitts of South Hampton).
- Herbert von Karajan in Salzberg: Austria; conductor, music director of the Berlin Philharmonic (1955-) (dies 1989).
- Gaetano Coronaro composer: dies at age 55.
- British premier Henry Campbell-Bannerman resigns.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Sweetheart, Good-Bye - Alan Turner
- Keep On Smiling - Haydn Quartet & Billy Murray