Sunday 12 April 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Lleras and John T.
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Lure of the Mask by Harold MacGrath was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1908 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Carlos Lleras: Restrepo President of Colombia.
- John T: Hughes Bishop to Forces.
- Virginia Cherrill actress (Lake Extra: Brat, City Lights, Delicious).
- Robert Lee Scott: Jr.
- Ida Crowe Pollock: English writer.
- Andre Martinet: French linguist and author who was noted for his pioneering work on diachronic phonology, or sound change. His work was expounded in his 1955 book. In 1964 he was the author of "Elements of General Linguistics." From 1947, he served as the head of the linguistics department of Columbia University, but returned to the University of Paris in 1955.
- Seve Sospizio: Italy Painter
- Ida Pollock: English author and painter (d. 2013)
- Robert Scott: Jr. American pilot and general (d. 2006)
- Fire makes 17,000 homeless in Chelsea Massachusetts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dorn Sebastian - In Terra Solo (On Earth Alone) - Enrico Caruso
- Wouldn't You Like to Have Me for a Sweetheart? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?